[DML] Re: Toby Tabs Rear Suspension

This year a german fellow had a problem with his TAB !
While leaving the garage at very low speed the TAB broke
off ! I have pics of the TAB if anybody is interested.

I don't even wanna imagine what would have happened 1-2
minutes later at real speed in the traffic !

Another friends TAB was bent lately, after it was replaced
and driven for about 2000 miles.

Oh yes, and not to forget my front lower ball joint which
broke off while driving ab 40...50mph !!
I guess the nut became loose somehow. Don't blame the car,
this was my fault I guess.
But the whole suspension of the car was never engineered,
it was just put together like LEGO...I bet....
But I still love my UFO ;-)

Elvis

...cut...

This subject seems to be never ending!
I agree that the TAB's are a bad design, but is it really as
big of a problem as everyone makes it out to be?
Does anyone know how many "catastrophic failures" have happened
where a bolt actually snapped and caused a wreck?
As far as I know this has only happened once according to one source.
I would love to know some real stats.