Rear Suspension (Last Post)

Hello List,
Video Bob is right about this thread. I'm sorry if I'm scaring
people about the rear suspension bolts. There are a small hand few
of people that do worry about this issue or want improvements in
this area. I was speaking more to them. These people are the ones
who purchased the Toby bolts, or installed the Bauerle Bracket, and
have or want the Pearce Chassis for RIDE improvements. I was also
trying to make aware that people should not attempt to do certain
mods like the Bauerle Bracket. But for those who want to do mods the
ones that I suggested and what Pearce has designed are the safer
ones.
But again I would not recommend to anyone attempt these.

I'm aware of the other companies selling bolts. I neglected to
mention them because I don't no the specification and the people on
this list are more knowledgeable about Toby's bolts.
Bill Robertson is also correct in his post. Those of you that are
worried about the bolts and price inspect them often or purchased an
upgraded bolt from your favorite supplier. Anything is better then
the original OEM.

I never heard of any crash related accident caused by this bolt. I
still have my OEM bolts installed and I'm sure they are bent. I
figure if they have lasted this long they did what they were
designed to do (even if it was a poor design). I never mention in my
post that the OEM bolts were a safety hazard or will cause an
accident. But for my taste a bent bolt is not a good thing to have.
When I get time I will do mods to my suspension like I claimed in my
For me this is an easy job because I'm a fabricator and I'm
surrounded by people who can give me expert advice. But I will do it
not because I'm afraid of the bolt snapping. It's for reducing the
bending of the bolt and RIDE handling.

Just like the LHS torsion bar or LHS fender. When people hear that
supplies are low, panic mode starts. Or when people say on this list
I'm doing a short run of something, this also causes the panic mode.
Everyone be safe, don't worry, and Happy Holidays.

Regards,
Mike