Re: [DML] Re: Toby Tabs Rear Suspension

Not to be contrary, but I wasn't doing anything amazing or dangerous when
my TAB broke in two. 20mph in traffic down some suburban back-road. The
first clunk let me know something was wrong, but seriously made the same
noise as running over a plastic bottle. I just didn't see a plastic
bottle go under or come out from unde the car so I stopped to check.

I'm not sure what would happen at higher speeds; probably not much at
reasonable speeds. 3 wheels pointing in the right direction shoud be
enough to keep you car on the road. At speeds over 80 or 100, you really
need all 4 tires pointing in the same direction to drive safely!

About people dying in crashes, check the archives. I haven't heard of
any in TAB related crashes, but that doesn't mean that a good replacement
bolt is in order for any Delorean.

Considering the large amount of $$ that many Delorean could reasonably
consume in a year, $46 to $70 for upgraded bolts is really not very much.
Hey, a tow to the mechanic costs that much, which is exactly what you'll
need when you're in west nowhere with a broken TAB.

It's never too late for preventative maintenance.

Jim
1537