Re: [DML] Prototypes, legend and lore

arugg!

I have Video that shows this Line in action,that is how I know!!
These are NOT to be confuised with the HAND BUILT cars,they were HAND
assembled cars,teams were assigned to these 40 or so cars,to do what
had to be done,before the production cars came rolling down the
assembly line. All the Pre-production cars HAD engine covers that
were WHITE on the inside part(where the stickers were placed).(I
would guess for easy identifaction before the vin plates were
installed)leather dashes,Rivited on panels under the tubular control
arms on the rear of the cars(production cars had welded on ones)
Basically ALL the parts were Delivered (normal)parts for production
cars,but these cars,were hand assembled.All used Black interiors.

Claude
00570

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Mark Valuch <dmcvin6683@xxxx> wrote:
> Ok you have a hand assembled production car.
>
> Now truly if your car is a prototype what parts are different than
> production car?
>
> Mark
> 6683 prototype?
>

> On Friday, December 19, 2003, at 01:28 PM, fivetwofive wrote:
>
> > Hand assembled meaning that they were NOT on a "regular"
production
> > line/run,meaning that the cars were indivutally assembled,NOT
parts
> > added on as it was going along on a Tellus production assembly
> > line.There was NO pressure to assemble items on the car,(as it
would
> > be on a normal assembly line).In other words "hand
assembled".Without