Re: [DML] QAC label with DMC logo - PATENT INFORMATION

Re: [DML] QAC label with DMC logo - PATENT INFORMATION

Uh, nice sentiment, but wrong.

Trademarks have value. Sometimes lots of value - think of Pepsi,
Coca Cola, IBM, HP, Ford, the Chevrolet bowtie. It takes a lot of
time and effort to build the reputation that is behind those
trademarks. Just seeing those logos gives you an immediate
impression in your mind about the brand they represent.

Defending trademarks is a Very Serious Thing. If you as a trademark
holder do not aggressively protect your trademark, you can and will
lose it. Inspecting products that others produce that use your logo
is not enough to protect the trademark. You must have agreements
in place that define precisely the terms under which the logo may
be used. The price charged for licensing a logo is a measure of the
effort to protect it. If you as a trademark holder freely license your
logo to anyone you are diluting that logo's value and you are giving
a lot of the brand definition to others. Should you later decide
that you want to charge for use, you can be sued and lose not only
your attempt to charge you can also lose exclusive use of the trademark.

--
Mike