Re: [DML] Newbie says hi

I hope in the kit is new pistons. When you take it apart you will
probably find the plating flaking off of the old pistons. If so, DO
NOT REUSE THE OLD PISTONS. You should be able to clean up the bores of
the calipers with a hone but you MUST replace the seals and usually
the piston. You may also have to replace the bleeder nipples if they
are really bad. In many cases it may make more sense to just trade you
old calipers to one of the venders for a set of rebuilts. If the pads
aren't too worn you can get away with reusing them but use new
anti-squeal shims and springs. You should also get new rubber caps for
the bleeder screws to keep the water and dirt out.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757