experience with failing Constant Idle Speed system. Had similar
symptoms, except motor once stuck CLOSED.

Bill Robertson

<hispanicangeleyes@xxxx> wrote:
> Hey there everyone.
>
> I have been working alot on #3299 that I bought Nov 11th.
Replaced the governor, vacuum modulator, applied the major tuneup kit
for automatics, flushed the fuel lines, and replaced the control
pressure regulator. Now I have two new symptoms, everyone - give me
your best ideas.

> 1. The cooling fans are not coming on. This is extremely vague as
is; I have not tested to see if they ARE coming on when turning on the
A/C. I will let everyone know as soon as I can if they are coming on
when flipping on the A/C. The car dumped ALOT of coolant with light
smoke coming out the very back rear-end. (This is after the car has
been driven for 25+ minutes)

> 2. The car is idling very high. When I first got it, it idle'd
around 900-1100 rpm. Now it's idling around 1500rpm-2400rpm. It gets
progressively worse; the car doesn't idle anywhere near that high when
first turned on. It goes from low rpms to high rpms as the car warms up.

> I've tried to describe the problems to the best of my ability. If
anyone has any ideas what the problems might be, please let me know.
I just today got the workshop manual, so please excuse me if I sound
completely naive; I haven't even been able to look at the manual yet.