Re: [DML] Prototype

Anything after VIN 500 in a DeLorean is a **PRODUCTION CAR**. Don't let anyone fool you into thinking anything otherwise. Mr. Landi has been trying to pass this car off as a preproduction car and sell it for quite a while now. The reality is he has an exremely low production number car, but nothing more. It upsets me greatly that he continues to try and pass the car off as something it's not. I'm sure he will respond to this thread and state his reasons as to why he feels he has a preproduction car, but his reasonings are not valid, and his car is no more a prototype than anyone elses on this list. To see what a true preproduction car is, check out this link-

http://www.dmcnews.com/Resource/Prototype/prototype.html

This car was sold in AZ several years back, and is in fact a preproduction car. Notice the cosmetic and mechanical differences from the production DeLorean. I believe there were 3 of these cars made in 1980 mainly for promotional purposes. These cars differ from the initial prototypes, which can be seen here-

http://www.entermyworld.com/prototype/index.html

The original prototypes are believed to have been kept by Lotus until the early/mid 1990s when they were supposedly all destroyed. There were also 3 of these made. Rumor has passed around this list before that one of these cars is rotting away in someones back yard in Utah, but I take those with a grain of salt. If it were true, some DeLorean fan would have offered the owner of the car a large enough amount of money for the owner to sell it by now. So while we're at it let's reiterate our DeLorean productition facts just so that we can get the truth out here. The first 500 DeLoreans built were "black cars." These were cars built for practice purposes and were supposedly all destroyed. They were called black cars because they did not have stainless panels. Anything after VIN 500 is a PRODUCTION CAR.

Louie Golden
VIN 5252 Charlotte, NC
NC plates "88 MPH"

--- Mark Valuch <dmcvin6683@xxxx> wrote:
I see some people think that the first 100 or so deloreans after the
500 vin are prototypes are they?

>From what i have been told a prototype is a car that was made before
production and has no title issued to it because it is a prototype not
a production version of a car.

All other prototype vehicles i have seen for sale have no title just a
bill of sale.

Mark

Buy and sell stocks in NFL teams! Get paid dividends every time your team wins! Free limited-time trial at http://www.AllSportsMarket.com/Index.asp?Refer=delomail