Re: Fridge Run Update

To my knowledge, this is the first mention of this on the DML so
for those who may be confused about what this "Fridge Run" is, I'll
explain:

Uh..it started out as a half-joke. I suggested a run to my parents'
house in Ft. Myers, Florida to "raid their refrigerator" and crash at
their house because my dad made the wise-acre comment that I couldn't
find 5 DeLoreans that could make it that far and back without
breaking down. (Forgive him, he's a Corvette man and knows not what
he says)

This is an un-sanctioned event (not sponsored by any organized club,
just me) and I had only posted it in the DMCForum. Originally, it was
supposed to be 5-7 close friends just looking to go south and get out
of the cold but it appears to be evolving into something bigger.

I pretty much already have the "assault team" picked to drop in at my
parents' house with, but if you are interested in attending, and can
provide your own lodging (there are a variety of decent hotels in the
area) please email me at racuti1@xxxx or email my social
director Andrei Cular.

What was a leisurely drive and trip to the beach is now that plus
shop time and perhaps a parade. I'm also looking to set up a all-
hands barbque at my folks' house. We're playing "fast-n-loose" with
the dates right now so please be patient.

Rich
(May God have mercy on my soul)

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Andrei Cular" <acular@xxxx> wrote:
> Here is the latest of potential events for the first annual Raid
Rich's
> Parents Fridge Run to Fort Myers FL. Anyone that is interested in
attending
> please send me an email sx240@xxxx
>
> Tech session -- I have gotten permission to take over any available
shop
> space at work for a day and night. Depending on what happens we
might even
> have a engine analyzer curtsey of Dave S. Maybe Walt can bring his
AC
> equipment? I should have everything else needed to complete any
job except
> for a fuel pressure gage set. I do have few extra fuel injectors,
and a rig
> to clean and test them. And a parts store with a good supply of
metric
> fasteners and plumbing just a couple miles down the road.
>
> Dinner and or drinks with sunset photos at the almost world famous
Tarpon
> Lodge -- As long as we have less than 50 people they wont give us
any
> special prices, lunch usually runs about $10ea. But they have
agreed to
> give us unlimited unrestricted access to the property for
pictures. And
> they have a perfect back drop, specially for sunsets. take a look
at
> http://www.tarponlodge.com/accommodations.htm
>
> Beach Day -- Feb will probably still be too cold for most locals to
go in
> the water, but northerns will probably love it at 70 degree.
>
> Sat Feb 21. Edison Festival of Light car show and Parade -- If we
arrange
> things around this weekend and have a good showing of cars their is
a very
> good possibility that we will beable to participate in the show and
parade.