RE: [DML] Re: TOBY-TAB update

>If you're driving
>around with a wandering suspension or hearing loud clunks emanating from
>the rear suspension you should be checking things out. If you continue
>driving until something fails you can't blame it on the design.

I disagree with that statement. My !#$@#% car has so much clunking from the
half-axles sliding back and forth that I am constantly checking the TABs,
but have to fight the tendency to forget that that noise is there.

My car is also lowered-- I think by the cut and swap method. But the
difference is that is we done by Crest Chevrolet before the first owner took
possession, so no-one really knows how it was lowered. I still wonder if the
cut-n-swap method lowering creates extra axle thunking or something. I've
done the body bolts several times, secured the tool kits and stuff, and
replaced rear-end bearings...
I removed my original TABs last year and they were slightly stretched,
slightly bent. The Toby-TABs are in.

Q for Toby: it was said to be bad to re-torque the original TABs (could
cause more fatigue or something) is that true for the Toby TABs? If so-- is
there no maintenance method of checking and securing the TABs besides a
visual inspection (which can't see squat) or replacing them (not an option
since TTABs are not available)?

Thanks-
Kevin