Re: Leather Seat Covers

I've told a few people who have called recently about our new seat
covers, and feel that it' sonly fair to let everyone know so that
they don't "overpay" for seat covers from somewhere else.

Earlier this year, as the supply of original seats began to run out,
we decided to look into to having CORRECT reproductions made. As
anyone can go to a local upholstery shop and get a set of seat covers
made, we always avoided selling them unless they were the correct
leather and grain of vinyl.

Bridge of Weir no longer offers the correct color/grain of the
leather...unless you want to buy 100 hides. The ICI vinyl is also no
longer manufactured in the correct grain and colors.

We have engaged a company in Spain to re-create the correct colors
and grains of the leather, and also make a die to impress to proper
grain into the vinyl. The first samples of the seat covers and the
vinyl arrived a while back, and we're making the final adjustments
now. I expect to have product available for sale in February.

These will be sold in sets, at least initially, four pieces per set
(most people's screw-on rear panels are good) and are expected to
come in at less than $600 for the SET. You can have them installed
locally, and we may even be able to offer a video and tool so the
brave can try to install the covers themselves.

The next question, which I will try to head off here, is what about
the rest of the vinyl interior parts? They are evaluating and costing
a die to make the "ripple" vinyl like on the sides of the console and
knee pads. Depending on how that cost comes in, those may be coming
along as well.

James Espey
DMC (Texas)
www.delorean.com

PS - If you subscribe to our company email newsletter - look for BIG
announcement on Monday!!!