Auto Shifter Medalion - I HAVE A REPLACEMENT!

Auto Shifter Medalion - I HAVE A REPLACEMENT!

As many of you know, I recently bought an 81 automatic.
I was picking at that little medallion on the center of the shifter
because it was melted, deformed and all the paint was rubbed off it.
After slightly messing with it it popped right off.
It looks like it was glued with some sort of epoxy, or super glue
and the plastic had dried up, and the emblem has distorted into
a potato chip.
I had bent it back into shape, and had considered hand painting the
little DMC in the center with silver paint.....can't be done.
Looks like crap.

Well, with my quest for perfection I have not been able to find an
original replacement anywhere, and no one can tell me about a decent
reproduction.
So I went to a friend of mine that makes custom signs, he owns a $16K
thermal printer that can actually print CHROME onto a extremely strong
adhesive vinyl material, and then laminate it with a thick 3-M
material. Long story short, we made some of the little medallions.
They are BETTER than the originals, the "DMC" is chrome, or reflective
silver, and there is a matching ring around the outside with a black
background. This is a thick peel-and-stick type sticker that fits
exactly in the center of the shifter, or any where else you would
like! The laminate protects it from all the touching and rubbing
you can dish out. This material is used mostly on outside use,
and he makes custom graphics for moto-cross bikes, so they are tough
and water proof. Bottom line is that it looks good, it doesn't look
cheap, it looks factory.

In order to get the ONE that I needed made I had to cover the
cost of the minimum size of 12" x 12".
This gave me about 80 of them.

If anyone needs one of these for their car I will sell you one
for only $5.00 with shipping included.

I accept Paypal to: videobob(AT)hotmail.com

If anyone wants to buy a quantity of them I will cut you a deal.
Please contact me about them.

Thanks,
- Videobob
VIN# 5278