Re: Hard starting Delorean

The Florida Keys are VERY humid. My guess is you need a tune-up, The
spark plugs are probably worn and the ignition wires are probably
breaking down causing the car to be hard to start. You don't have to
be a mechanic to change these parts but you do have to have patience
and be very careful you put everything back as you found it. You don't
even need a lot of tools. Just a socket set with a spark plug socket,
some metric allen wrenches to remove the idle motor, and a gapping
gauge for the spark plugs. When you buy the parts from one of the
venders they can talk you through it. You might also want to order an
extra oil filter, air filter, a drain plug adapter and a Workshop
manual. If the battery is over 5 years old you may also need to
replace it too.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757