Re: [DML] Automatic shifting troubles

In a message dated 11/26/03 12:30:55 PM Central Standard Time,
nuttenschleuder@xxxx writes:

> BTW, Ill be damned if I will ever fix all of the
> leaks on that thing, im almost half tempted to RTV the
> auto pan seal to stop that beast from leaking.
>
> AAAHHHH NOOO dont clog the Transmission filter with
> RTV, yeah I know.

Chrysler group uses an RTV silicone on the bottom of their 3.3L and 3.8L
engines in minivans (mid 90's+). i see hundreds of these vans a year and only a
handful have leaking transmission pans. it takes forever to get the old goop
off the pan if you need to service it though.

Andy