Re: [DML] Automatic shifting troubles

If the fluid is burned you should change it. You will never get all
the old fluid out. A pan change is about 2 1/2 guarts. That will be
enough to get you some good lubrication and seal protecion but not
loose the friction properties. Change it again in about 6,000 miles.
Use Dextron that is not synthetic for these changes. Drain the
differential too and see if any trans fluid has leaked into it.

Harold McElraft - 3354

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Video Bob" <videobob@xxxx> wrote:
> I have a simular problem, except on my car (VIN 5278, gray auto)
> it will shift from 1st to 2nd OK, but will not go into 3rd unless
you floor
> it and then let off.
> This only started happening the other day when it got really cold.
> After about 5-10 minutes when it warms up, and finally goes into
3rd,
> it is fine again until you let it sit and cool off.
> I know that my transmission fluid is "burnt" and have been urged
not to
> change it
> until I am ready for a rebuild.
> I don't know if MY problem is fluid related, or computer related.
> - VB
> >
> >Ok, I have sent this to select individuals already, but I'm going
to shout
> >this one out to everyone just for suggestions/ideas.
> >

> >This is the problem I have everyone.
> >
> >The first 10 minutes or so, she drives perfectly, shifting from
1st to 2nd
> >to 3rd with no problem. However, once the car has had about 3
miles down
> >the road, I will have the car in 1st going down the road and it
sticks in
> >1st. If I try to accelerate, I get nothing but engine reving; the
engine
> >simply will not go from 1st to 2nd - it is solidly stuck in 1st.
When
> >trying to go to 2nd, it's almost as if it's in neutral, and you
can hold
> >the pedal down all you want - it will not go from 1st to 2nd. IF
I come to