Windshield Washer Help

This weekend I plan on trying to find out what happened to my
windshield washer fluid squirters (is there a technical term?).

All was working fine until I ran out of fluid one day. I purchased
new fluid and filled up the resevior (what a mess without a dedicated
funnel).

It won't squirt!!

I tried drawing it up the tube to the wipers, and it flows OK (but
tastes horrible!).

I can hear the pump, pumping, but nothing. Next I guess I will try
sticking a needle in the tip at the wipers, but it looks like a slot,
not a hole.

Anybody have experience with this? Solutions?

Let me know,
Dan in Cocoa, FL (3292)