Re: Goodyear NCT tires

The NCT's were used on other cars INCLUDING LOTUS. It makes sense to
see them on Deloreans since most of the suspension engineering is
Lotus based. NCT is for Neutral Contour Tread. It was a tire
technology that proved to be expensive and did not live up to it's
promises. If you buy a tire today it is infinatly superior to the 20
year old NCT technology. On any car there is a host of compromises for
cost vs technology, for instance the NCT's that were put on Deloreans
have a lower speed rating than what was put on the Lotus's. I guess
they realized in the American market at the time the speedo had to
stop at 85 so there was little need to spend more on a tire that you
couldn't use anyway. Back in 1981-82 this was near the height of tire
technology!
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757