Re: Volvo E series components on DeLo engine

Re: Volvo E series components on DeLo engine

Are you sure you're not confusing B280 specs? Volvo literature shows
B28E at 155 HP, and that's with high compression heads. I believe B280
did spec at 170 HP, 10.5:1 compression, LH Jetronic.

Are camshafts same E & F series?

Fully agree that 038 series CPR superior to 066 series. Not only is
final pressure 10% lower, but is max'ed at 160+ degree ambient temp vs
105. Much simpler enrichment too.

Fuel distributors nearly identical external appearance -- are upper
chamber volumes same? (Volvo literature strangely silent on
distributor differences except to show additional Lambda porting).
Apparently all internal regulators same after 1978.

Volvo lists 2.0% CO2 for all E series after 1978.

BTW my 2.7 liter Renault block specs at 145 HP, 9.5:1 compression. I
think it's properly identified as a "Z7V".

Bill Robertson