Exhaust Question: DMCH vs. DMUK.

Straight to the point, which exhaust system is better in terms of
performance?

DMCH: http://www.delorean.com/exhaust.asp
or
DMUK: http://www.delorean.co.uk/DMUK/perfomance.html

Looking at DMUK, the HP gains are minimal, as to be expected with a
straight swap, with no engine modifications. However, I've never seen
any dyno info from anyone who's switched out to Houston's system.

I'm also draw to DMUK's design, as it appears to be relatively easy
to swap out catalytic convertors when it comes time for smog
inspection, and for the utilization of shorter pipes. I've read where
some Esprits have had problems in the past with radiant heat from the
Cats melting underbodies in idle traffic, because there was no
cooling airflow. Even though Houston states that their cats are
ceramic coated, is this still something that I should be concerned
about since with Houston's set up, the Cats swing so far outwards to
accomodate the larger headers? On the plus though, DMCH's system
appears to use larger pipes to accomodate a larger volume of exhaust
gasses (incase I swap out to another PRV with larger displacement).

And just as importantly, does anyone have any sound clips of these
systems? I know that the DMUK comes with different tones available,
but I've never heard a single one. And the only recording I've ever
heard of the DMCH setup is someone red-lineing the engine, to the
point where it kills the gain on the recording device. Turning the
motor over, reving it a bit, letting it idle (fast and regular if
possible), and a final shut down would be great to hear.

-Robert
vin 6585 "X"