Re: [DML] Delorean Cold ..er..."Ocassional" starting

Re: [DML] Delorean Cold ..er..."Ocassional" starting

The RPM relay shuts off the fuel pump if it doesn't sense the engine running
within a limited time frame. By turning the ignition off and then retrying
you start the cycle again and the pump runs again for a short time. If the
car has sat for a long time a couple of short bursts of the starter with
ignition off in between will work while continual cranking won't. I wouldn't
keep a maintainer on the battery myself as the constant electrical current
coupled with the variety of dissimilar metals in the engine could create an
electrolysis condition that could work at corroding the engines interior
castings. A battery cutoff switch would be much better in my oppinion.

Bruce Benson