Re: [DML] Re: idle yet again

In a message dated 11/15/03 10:17:07 AM Central Standard Time,
jtrealty@xxxx writes:

> Ok- high idle question for the list yet again.

I had problems in this area for a long time. the main things i found that
gave me troubles were the idle speed switch was bad but it was so hard to
diagnose because it was intermittent when it was tapped with a screwdriver. my
digital multimeter wasn't sensitive enough to register the change in operation.
replaced the switch, works good as new.

also make sure your ignition solenoid works correctly, you'll only be sure
if you use a timing light to check it out. if the vacuum connections are
wrong, it will not work like it should, obviously.

get that vacuum leak fixed first, then keep testing other parts and let us
know what you find.

Andy