Re: [DML] (unknown)

> Hey There,
> Any one know what the replacement muffler is recommended for the
> Delorean?
> I would like to find a staineless steel free-flo that replaces my rusty
one.
> Is there a company that sell's one???

There are several places that make custom mufflers. I had a polished
stainless muffler made for my DeLorean by a Florida company:
Stainless Specialties
Phone: 772-589-4190
They can make anything you want. I elected to expand the system to 2 1/2"
piping. You do need to supply them with a sketch showing exactly what you
want including dimensions. The downside was that the muffler was just too
loud for the DeLorean. To adjust it I bought a pair of Car Chemistry
unrestricting baffle inserts from Summit Racing and welded them into the 90
degree tail pipes right where they exit the muffler. I'm quite happy with
the results. At the time, April, 2002, the muffler cost just under $300
including shipping. The rest, stainless piping, clamps, exhaust tips, and
baffle inserts plus their related shipping costs brought my total to about
$550 and I had to do all the welding and installing. It involved fabricating
new exhaust system hangers and such but I'm happy with the results. Sounds
good and, I belive, a noticable performance increase.

Bruce Benson