Re: hot start no start

There are many reasons why not every question gets a response. Some
pose very technical problems that most members of the list could not
help with. Others might just go unnoticed. Still others go unresponded
because the subject has been covered before or maybe everyone figures
someone else will answer.
If you look at the manuals and the archives you will figure out that
to restart the car once it has warmed up you need to hold up the
"System Rest Pressure". This is done by having the fuel pump
pressurize the fuel accumulater. That pressure is held in by a check
valve in the fuel pump and a pressure regulator in the fuel
distributer. If you have replaced the fuel accumulater then the other
things to check are the check valve on the fuel pump and the pressure
regulater. If you have the older style fuel pump or it was changed and
doesn't have the check valve then start there. A fuel pressure gauge
set-up can help you diagnose this. If you can start the car when hot
by momentaraly putting the plug for the control pressure regulater on
the cold start valve then you know the system isn't holding the System
Rest Pressure up.
Remove whatever you have plugged into the hot start relay plug. The
check valve is replaceable without replacing the fuel pump. The
pressure regulator can be disassembled and cleaned (a piece of dirt
could be holding it open).
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757