Re: [DML] Starter Failed

Yo EJ, I called that guy, and he says he won't part with the starter - it goes with the extra engine.
But he also said you can use any old Volvo V-6 starter?
He suggested getting one from a junkyard for about $20.00, he said they last forever.
...all except for yours of course!
Maybe someone can clarify the cross-reference?
- VB

[moderator snip]

Hello All:

My starter recently failed. Was able to get this confirmed when I
pulled it out and took it down to Autozone and they verified this
with their testing equipment.

Now I am in need of a replacement. I didnt know where the best place
I could find a replacement would be. Ironically DeLoreans are not in
Autozone's database. I wasnt sure if there was a cross reference part
for the starter of would be best to order one from a parts dealer?

Has anyone been through this situation and had to replace the
starter? I know the starter is supposed to be a reliable part that
does not break, but when it rains it pours it seems.

Thanks in advance for any responses.
E.j.
Vin 4475