Re: Fiberglass front fascia

VB and List,

As the owner of the original CodeOne full-size fiberglass Delorean body,
I can convey some of the pro's and con's of the fiberglass front fascia.

The pro's include having a non-warping nose due to any type of heat and
the ability to mount almost anything to the fascia (such as BTTF parts).

However, there are many more con's beyond the obvious no longer stock
or OEM, with regards to keeping a Delorean all original. Some of the con's
include difficulty mounting the fascia (custom mounting will be required),
difficulty mounting the grille to the fascia (custom mounting will be required),
as well as possible alignment issues with the fenders, hood, spoiler and
both headlights and running lights. These are difficulties, not impossibilities.

I'm sure that CodeOne still has the molds, so you may be able to have them
make a few, however the cost of the "whole car" was quite pricey originally.
(granted, the vehicle was built in less than a month for a special display)
Check out the CodeOne website and send them an email request.

To see some photos of my CodeOne full-size fiberglass Delorean body,
check out my D projects website: www.DeloreanMotorCars.com

Later,
Rich W.

BTW: Thanks everyone for all the offers for assistance in Brooklyn, NY