NEC show this weekend past

I went to the show in Birmingham this past weekend to see my first
DeLorean in person - while it was a thrill to see 3 of them in one
place, I was a little disappointed in their presentation. One had a
shattered back window, all the cars had dents and dings all over
them, and tatty interiors. Not outstanding examples of the marque by
any stretch of the imagination! Is that all that we've got here? I
spoke with one youngish person selling parts from the "boot" of a
DeLorean there and was led to believe that these were fine examples
of the cars. Is this really true?

Also spoke with an older fellow who mentioned that parts are readily
available and not terribly expensive either. If this is truly the
case, why were these cars in such poor repair? Were there no other
club member cars avaialble for display?

Tried to post this to the doc-uk list, but I'm not a member of their
club, so I can't post there! I also chatted with another fellow there
(Mark? Mike?) who pointed me to the dmcnews site and this list. Such
a wonderful resource!

Paul Grimsby
VIN: Now looking stateside for a car!