Re: [DML] eyebrows

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "videobob11" <videobob@xxxx> wrote:
> I am willing to believe the warping is from heat, but I doubt it is
> from the headlights, it is more likely from sitting in the sun next
> a hot radiator under it, with sun beaming on it slowly warping it
over
> time. I have considered taking one of these front peices and making
> a hard fiberglass version.
> Has anyone else ever thought of that?
> Would anyone be interested in buying one if I made them?
> I will look into it,....
> - VB

Headlights do no cause warpage to the facia. Found this out when on
vacation last year. Heated the facias by leaving the car out in the
sun, rolled into the shade, and pushed them back down. Wasn't too
hard to do, as the fascia was pretty plyable.

Spent the next week only driving my car at night, and left it parked
in a dark garage durring the day. And since I was out, almost in the
stix with very few street lights, I used my highbeams almost every
time I went out. If the facias warped from the heat, I couldn't tell.
But come my first day back to work when I had to park the car out in
the sunlight again, *BOING!* they were warped back within a few hours.

Fiberglass is a nice idea, but unless there is a weight advantage,
I'd just stick with the current urethane, and insert some splints
above the headlamps to anchor things, before I re-paint.

-Robert
vin 6585 "X"