[DML] Re: Kayo Ong's Coil

You can't get the whole picture by using a multi-meter and measuring
DC resistance. The coil is an AC device with the additional properties
of reactance and impedance. You COULD use a scope and measure all of
this. From Kayo's experience though we can conclude his combination
isn't too bad. BTW not only could you shorten the life of the coil but
you could also shorten the life of the ignition wires, spark plugs,
and ECU. For the small (if any) gains that you could achieve I think
(IMHO) instead of spending for the sometimes pricey "performance"
parts just do a good tune-up more often and you would probably be way
ahead. Putting a coil with a higher output on old wires and worn plugs
is not the way to improve performance (again only my humble opinion).
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757