Re: [DML] Re: Kayo Ong's Coil

Bill,

do you understand what a resistor does ? It limits the current through the
coil !
Why is this needed ? Because the ignition module may not handle much more
current.
Maybe it will, but who knows without any specs and datasheets ?
The resistor also protects the coil. Same issue - too much current for a
longer time will fry
the wonder-coil, too. The interesting thing for a coil is NOT the voltage
but the current through it !
Original resistor plus a coil with lower resistor < original
resistor+original coil. (Don't recall all
the values to give you a correct number)
Therefore there will be stored more energy in the same time. This may be
interesting for higher rpm.
But my original configuration also makes 6500rpm...

You could also use the original coil and bridge one half of the resistor -
more current - more
energy in the coil !

In the good old days of breaker and points the coils had a larger internal
resistor and therefore they reduced the current themselves. But at higher
rpm's there may have been not enough energy to make a good ignition. The dwell
had to be set to satisfy low and high speeds as good as possible.

Why don't you explain us what kind of difference you feel with the
superduper coil ?
Maybe there still is a difference at higher rpm's, but so far you just said
"it is better".

Like using premium gas instead of regular. It is better - that's what people
tell me. So
why do the car manufacturers not recommend it ? Because they can measure
exactly what
some people think they can feel ?

Give us some more details, values, and explanations based on facts and maybe
you will
convince us. But so far it was only - hey, they write on the box it is
better, therefore it
muste be better....

Regards,
Elvis & 6548