Re: Jag Shop controversey

John, people have lives and sometimes cars have to be put on the back
burner. He needed the car repaired; they promised to do it via
salvaging parts from other cars. To further the issue they dawdled
and he decided to eventually take it to another shop. Hindsight is
always 20/20 and you shouldn't judge his actions because you weren't
there and just like me don't know all the facts. Further more while
on the subject lets not play the legal game as I doubt you're a
lawyer and I most certainly am not qualified to make legal decisions
or discuss strategy in the court room.

The only certainly from this is you'll never seeing my car being
worked on at the garage in question. This is not some nebulas issue
regardless of where fault lies. Someone on the DML has stated a shop
provided poor service and dealt with his concerns in an
unprofessional manor which in and of itself removes them from my list
of potential repair facilities if an issue arises and to that I
believe we're both in agreement.

Matthew Stits
0789

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, john fredt <hecklerkochgmbh@xxxx>
wrote:

> I think that it obvious from the time you allowed the car to sit at
the shop that you have/had very little intrest or concern for it.It
was wrong for the jag shop to use your vehicle as a spare parts bin
just because it was there.It is not unheard of for this to happen to
any vehicle left for long priods of time and no storage fees are
paid.Basically the facility has a lean against your car for it being
stored there so long that it was considered abandoned.I doubt that
they went through the proper legal motions to make it alright
though.There is a set amount of time before a vehicle can be
considered abandoned it is in some cases less than a month .I am sure
the jag shop has a set rate for storage of a car probably in the
range of $50.00 a day if they feel like being mean.They will argue in
court that they simply were trying to get some of what you owed them
out of the vehicle.Even if that arguement doesnt fly how will you
explain never checking on the situation until now? The judge
> will likely have no knowledge of delorean values and will see it
as just another car thus your award (if any) will be small and not
worth the trouble.Just stay away from the jag shop and warn others.