Engine Failure leak isolated (Catastrophic Engine Failure)

Engine Failure leak isolated (Catastrophic Engine Failure)

........So, I decided I had to find this oil/coolant leak before I
covered up that area with the transmission bellhousing. I got under
the car with a MagLight and stared some more.

The oil pan seam is sorta wet. The drain plug..not really so wet. The
crossbeam is pretty wet. The very bottom of the engine face is
definitely wet. Then I rolled more directly under the crossbeam and
looked up. The fixing bolts which hold the lower/upper crank case
together all have a drop of fluid dangling from them. That area is
inside the bellhousing OR would be covered by that dustplate I'm
missing when everything is assembled. Which explains why I couldn't
see where stuff was coming from when it was all together. It also
would look like a crank seal leak. But why would these bolts be
loose? Such an important set of fasteners would have a high torque
value right?

Brother Maynard, consult the "Book of De Lorean", "Engine", torque
values. Gee. My bible must be incomplete. Those bolts aren't listed.

I slipped a socket w/a swivel on those bolts and tightened them down
without really exerting myself. They were actually loose. Only the
rear ones seem to have leaked. ***Does anyone have torque values for
those? Has anyone had their crankcase fixing bolts loosen up on them?
***

At least I'm ready to move on to the head gaskets now. Tomorrow is
listed as sunny and my parts will be here.

Rich A.
#5335 -MD