Re: Re Switched DeLo Grounds

*NOTE TO MODERATOR*: previous message in thread accuses me of calling
DeLo switched grounds "stupid" and "a bad thing" -- neither of which I
did -- and caustically tells me to "RFTM" (which I do rather
extensively. How does poster think I identified switched grounds
otherwise). Please allow this straightforward, non-inflammatory, and
objective response:

1) 1987 Escort is not "contemporary" of 1981 DeLorean
2) Nissan and Toyota are not American "domestic"
3) Never once said switched grounds were "stupid" or "a bad thing"
4) DeLorean definitely does not "use car body as ground"
5) Switched hot requires no more wire than switched ground, just
depends where you put switch in circuit
6) Switched ground does introduce possibility of feedback or crossover
to other circuits
7) Switched ground does require slightly different troubleshooting
technique (can't simply put ice pick light on questioned device)
8) Add to list of switched grounds: cold start valve (thermal time
switch) and idle speed microswitch

For the record:
- Am very fond of my DeLo
- Have utmost confidence in my particular DeLo's capability and
reliability
- Read many manuals in maintenance and modification of my DeLo

Bill Robertson