Re: Failed emissions!!!

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty@xxxx>
wrote:
> You can't always make a car pass emissions testing by making
> adjustments. Sometimes you have to replace worn parts.

Found the same thing out myself. But to add to it, sometimes, all you
need to do is replace worn parts, rather than tuning. I failed
emissions horribly last spring. Turned out to be a clogged injector.
Replaced, and passed smog with no problem after that. Didn't need to
tune a single thing, just replaced my injectors.

Before you go off tuning, and fiddling with the CO adjustments, you
need to first insure that you engine is able to efficiently burn fuel
it recieves, not if it has the correct air/fuel ratio. While your HC
may have passed, you didn't say what they were. Check your spray
pattern on all 6 injectors, and make sure that they are kicking out a
good spray pattern. One fowled injector can kick HC up into the
1,000's range on ppm.

-Robert
vin 6585 "X"