Re: Wire Mystery? Smoke in the Cabin

If it is the brown wire then it sounds like the P.O. had a problem
with #7 fuse melting. He did the inline fuse thing. Unfortunatly it
sounds like he didn't do it correctly. Now you have to cut out all the
burnt wiring and reinstall an inline fuse holder (that can handle 20
amps) and a 20 amp fuse. This circuit is for the fuel pump, the Lambda
ECU and frequency valve, and the control pressure regulater. You
should, after fixing the damaged wiring, measure the current draw on
the circuit to be sure it isn't over 15 amps. While you are in the
fuse area check on what you have for the fan fail relay. If you have
the bypass wires they could also be melting.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, wmack <wmack@xxxx> wrote:
> Group,
>
> I was driving down the road on saturday, as I was stopped at a
stoplight, the
> car suddenly died. Just out of the blue cuts off. I manage to get
it to the
> side of the road, and for some reason it refires. I pull it quickly
into the