idle fluctuations

After many months of rehabilitation (the Delorean that is), I had a
weekend of driving my Delorean.. It ran great for the first day and a
half.
Then it developed a strange problem. The idle began fluctuating up
and down between about 500 and 1200 rpm. (Prior to this, it was
tending to idle at about 1000 when cold, then 1500 when warm and we
were unable to get it to idle lower) When it drops, it almost looks
like an ignition problem because the oil pressure gauge drops and the
light occassionally flickers. So far it has not died, but, the
problem seems to be getting worse.
In addition, it appears to be running quite rich.. Slight black smoke
and trying to keep from flooding it seems.
This seems to be a tricky problem and I'm not sure how to proceed.
Any ideas?

Also a couple other simple little problems that I haven't yet got
to.. The dash illumination light does not turn on. I checked the
variable resistor and this works, but I don't seem to have voltage on
the hot wire in. Any ideas?
Also, the right rear tail light shows no voltage on the wire. Since
the left one works, I'm assuming at the split, there may be a
problem. The left one appears to have been re-wired at some point.
Any ideas?
Sincerely
Dale Funk
4984