Missing hose?

Today I felt very adventurous so I decided to replace the auxiliary air tube
O-ring, hoping it would solve my fast and irregular idle problem. (The tube
seemed to be flapping in the breeze and the idle speed regulator was not
screwed to anything.) I was told I could reuse the copper gaskets that wereon the
fuel distributor when I took it off. That supposes that you don't drop them
when taking them off! Well, I dropped two but hey no problem right? I just
called an auto parts store and they said sure we have them. Two hours and four
stores later no one had them, even though they said they did on the phone.
Fortunately, one bolt had an extra washer on it and I was able to find one that I
dropped so I was back in business. When I put it all together, it actually
started up! Now it still idles fast but isn't surging up as it did before.

I noticed the heater control valve did not have a hose going to it. I could
not find any "extra" hose nearby. The valve itself had a thin plastic "stub"
on the back of it but it didn't look like it was hollow, as if a hose would
even go on it. Right next to it was a hole in the plastic that kinda looked
like a hose connection broke off there.

Does anyone have a picture of the vacuum end of an original heater control
valve and where should the vacuum line be entering the engine compartment on its
way to the valve?

Thanks again,,

D² & 6530