Re: [DML] Newbe here, Canadian cars for sale?

Re: [DML] Newbe here, Canadian cars for sale?

Hi Trevor,

I live in Ottawa, Ontario Canada. I saw your post and thought I
should respond. I'm the owner of vin2450 that I have happily owned
for 14 years, I ended up purchasing this one owner car from Irving
Texas sight unseen after having looked at 3 cars locally. It was not
the fact of condition at that time as they were only 8 or 9 years
new, but the fact of cost. It was more feasible to purchase the car
in Texas then pay the 35,000 to 45,000can 14years ago. There are
roughly a dozen Delorean's in a 20-40min drive from my home one of
which resides at a home I grew up in (the Delorean was to be part of
my "future") another one was 5min away (it was an 83 consolidated
Canadian car with less then 800klm's on it, it was sold a few years
ago to a new owner in Toronto Canada) Anyways what I'm trying to say
is check locally (put out a local want ad for a Delorean) you'll be
surprised with what you can find closer then you think. Once you see
their prices you will be happy with purchasing from the United
States, check with the members of the dmcnews group when you find one
I'm sure someone will know the car and if not I'm sure someone would
be happy to go check the car out for you, I know I would. Just
peaces of advice try to buy one that has been driven regularly and
may have minor flaws over one that has been in the garage for the
past 5 or more years and has not moved. It will cost far less over
the long run and you will be a happy and proud owner of a Delorean.

Good luck,

Stephane
Vin2450

P.S. Check out this car in Toronto Canada (it does need body work
though) http://firstchoiceautosalvage.com/