AW: [DML] Re: Ignition system failure = faulty coil

AW: [DML] Re: Ignition system failure = faulty coil

I still don't get you guys with that high voltage stuff.
Tha max-voltage on the plugs depends of the gap (and the mixture).
As soon as the current is flowing the voltage breaks down. If you
wanna use the higher voltage you have to widen the gap and replace
the wires. But will there be a difference ? I really doubt.
Oh yes, there will be if the wires won't isolate good enough, looks
funnyin the motor compartment with all the flashing lights...

The lower restistance will lead to a more energy stored in the coil in the
same time. You could run with higher rpm, but is it worth it to rev higher
than 6500rpm ??

Stay away from that cheap crap stuff, stay with BOSCH and the car will run.

My 2 cents, and my book about car electrics and stuff proves me right....

Elvis & 6548