Re: [DML] Re: Clusters

I have a digital dash in my '83 Tbird and there are a few things that irk me about it:

It washes out in direct sunlight. Despite the fact that Ford uses a light sensor that automatically brightens the display in brighter ambient conditions, it WILL wash out.

It's slow to respond. (Probably less of a common with modern hardware.)

And because it doesn't use a bar or any kind of sweeping graphic, you can't instantly tell how fast you're really accelerating (whereas with an analog gauge, you can kind of gauge the speed of the speedometer needle and make an estimate of your acceleration.)

All of that in combination with the fact that you have to turn the car on to see how much fuel you have, I'm not really a big fan of the digital instrumentation. It is kind of cool, I'll give it that, and if I was going to customize a car for show or something like that, I'd definitely make an effort to install one, but analog needles seem much more efficient and "sporty" in the long run.

Josh