Re: [DML] what an outrage!!!

Jonas,

I agree that too many "opinions" make it into print as "fact." In the US we do not teach people to question whether a statement is an "opinion" or a "fact" based on statistical sampling, scientific method or a measurement against and established (and hopefully meaningful) standard.

This fact has lead to the Supreme court to issue the "Douber" rule regarding "opinions" and "experts." Too bad the media doesn't follow the same test. As a reporter state to me once

"we are not in the business to tell the truth, but to sell newspapers!"