Re: Clusters

In a message dated 10/26/2003 6:35:04 AM Eastern Standard Time,
dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> Message: 20
> Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2003 20:57:38 -0500 (CDT)
> From: Andrew <aos+yahoo@xxxx>
> Subject: Installed El-Glo instrument cluster photos

Speaking of modifying/replacing instrument clusters, would it be possible to
transfer a digital dash from a different car and make it work in a DeLorean
(assuming that the size of it is the same)? I imagine it is possible, but it
would probably take computer modifications and a whole different setup installed
in the car. For example, if you guys remember the Cadillac Allante, which was
introduced in the late 80's, had a digital dash. It included (this thing is
really cool - I saw one of these clusters a few weeks ago) digital speedometer,
digital RPMs, and digital odometer. I've always been a fan of the digital
cluster. Some fords of the late 80s also had them. I don't know why car companies
stopped using them. I have seen the one posted on our group's website, but
does it actually *work* or is it a novelty for a BTTF enthusiast? With its
futuristic appearance from the outside, a DeLorean would definitely look great with
the Allante's digital dash.

John C.