Re: need advice for speaker replacement

The speakers are Pioneer. The fronts are Crutchfield # 130TS879 3 1/2
2 way and the rears are 130TSA5715 3-way 5x7 or 6x8. I don't know if
these #'s are still good, I bought them in 97. The fronts (2) were
$54.95 and the rears (2) were $99.95. Because of the crummy radio I
think these speakers were a little over-the-top. Unless you upgrade
the radio or add a power amplifier you could get by with something
less expensive. As pointed out you must be careful on the front
speakers. The origional installation is a flush-mount. If you get one
where the tweeter cone projects you will have to figure out a way to
mount it. When you call Crutchfield talk to them about your needs. I
have found them to always be very informative and helpful. I have no
personal interest in the company but I am a satisfied customer. You
can find them at crutchfield.com or 800-388-2911
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757