Re: need advice for speaker replacement

Go to crutchfield.com and look at the Pioneer speakers. When I get
home tonite I can give you the exact model # of the ones I put in. The
back ones are not easy only because removing the panels is hard.
Replacing them willl improve the sound but you can't expect a whole
lot because the radio is not all that great, it has a very low power
output. The origional speakers were cheap cr-p and now being 20 years
old the cones have stiffened up so they sound even worse. Any
replacement will sound better. The main limitation on the speakers is
physical dimensions. If you do not want to modify anything you have to
find a replacement that can fit right in. As it is you will have to
bend the bracket on the rear speakers to get them to fit (but that's
not visible and it doesn't affect the sound). To get the rear panels
off you have to use a heat gun (or hair dryer) and a putty-knife and
go slow and easy to avoid damaging the plastic panel. The front
speakers are hard to do only because you have to work against gravity
and the small washers and nuts always seem to fall in your eye or down
your shirt. When I was at the wharehouse in Cleavland I saw a whole
PALLET of speakers! They were the origional ones so they are also 20 +
years old.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757