Weird VINs in the doors

At the the fall tour, I decided to pull off my headliners and take a peek at
whatever might be hiding back there. I was expecting to find my VIN number
and a key code. I found a couple of weird things I didn't expect.

My VIN is 17094, manufactured Aug 82.

On the left door, I saw "V12159" along with a key code, as well as the
initials "RJC" a date of "9.30" and the number "17". This didn't confuse me
too much -- it sounds like it must have been replaced at some point... but I
would be interested in hearing if anyone out there knows what happened to
12159.

On the right door, I saw "V12094" and a different key code, and a date of
"8.25" but there were also some other interesting things, a signature from
"Metal Mikey Z.", and another date "25.3.82 OK RB + KS" -- this was kind of
cool... but what really makes me scratch my head is the VIN 12094, which is
too similar to my actual VIN 17094 to be a coincidence. Was there maybe a
batch of VINs in the 12xxx series that was reassigned to 17xxx for sale in
Canada (mine's a Canadian model)? Can someone else with a 17xxx VIN peek at
their doors and see if they see something similar? Maybe my left door
actually came from VIN 17259? If you think maybe I just misread the
writing, take a look for yourself:
http://www.sixgeeks.org/~scott/DeLorean/rh.jpg

Certainly not urgent, but if anyone has any info that can shed some light on
this I'd love to hear it.
Thanks!
--Scott