Re: Some Thoughts

Although I agree with George and others that almost any Delorean
can be refurbished, I do not agree with a one or two car limit.
If there ever comes a point when the DMCNews cars for sale section
is empty and I cannot find a Delorean for sale on the internet or
in a local ad paper, I will gladly put my Deloreans for sale and
keep only one or two. However, there will always be cars for sale
so I just don't buy the "spread the wealth" concept. I believe
Deloreans are better off in the hands of enthusiasts that someone
who just wants to add a unique car to a collection. By the time my
collection goes to my nephews, they will only have one or two each.

And for those of us who have refurbished Deloreans, I would rather
have one or two running cars AND have one or two project cars that
are being refurbished, so using the "spread the wealth" idea, there
would be a few less owners on this list if it were not for my efforts
to refurbish Deloreans since I purchased my first used DMC in 1985.
After only refurbishing Deloreans, I decided to do things different.

People need to keep things in perspective. There is no set of RULES
required for Delorean ownership or Delorean enthusiasm. One event
should not cause someone to "loose respect" for people like Don Steger
or myself. Rest assured, Don will not trash your car if you bring it
to his shop and I will not try to make a fleet of Hover Deloreans or
Delorean 4x4s by buying up all the inexpensive Deloreans out there.

As for "doing something positive for the Delorean community", this has
always been my intention, although not all agree with my methods.
Maybe the more conservative or purists in the community will approve
of one of my next ventures, to debut in the next GullWing Magazine.
This is an idea that has been in the works for several years and is
about to be begin with the help of others in the Delorean community.

I like to hear about ideas to do something positive for the Delorean
community, but most of it remains as just talk. If you talk the talk
you should walk the walk. Not all my efforts have been 100% positive
but at least give them a try and keep trying more and more things.

What do you think would have happened if the MG Delorean Hovercraft
had been a successful build? Would your opinion have been different?

Later,
Rich W.

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "George DeLorean"