Some Thoughts

Hi everyone,
just a few things I want to say. First, the MG DeLoreans
aren't necessarily ruined for good. Why do I say this? Fiberglass
(fg)/Resin CAN be repaired. As for the DMC that had its top taken
off on MG, I really think it could be restored with time, patience,
and someone who works with resin/fg. Same for the other one This
goes for all DMCs, no matter what the damage to the underbody. It
may be a bit on the expensive side, yet I really think that kind of
thing can be repaired. It is done for boats made from fg, why not
the DMC? Any so called "ruined" DMCs with fg damage could be put
back on the road.
Second, I have thoughts about the body dies that originally
punched the stainless panels, doors, etc. for the car. Were there
male and female dies that punched the panels, or what? Could the
ones that are in existence be restored and put back into use? Or,
could some reverse engineering be done, and new ones made? I would
like to see a new venture into re-manufacturing the DMC on a large
scale level from an assembly line. Just like in the 80s.
Third, I am curious on the point of the VARI press in the
posession of DMCH. Does anyone know its current good/bad state? Is
it usable, etc.
And last, I don't understand one person, or two owning two, three
or more DMCs by themselves. "Spread the wealth." Let the DMCs
roll. Give others a higher chance of owning one. One DMC is plenty
for anybody.
All in all, restoration and rebuilding; in one way or another is
key to keeping the DMC available to everyone. I would hate to see it
20 years later, and only rich people be the only ones able to own,
fix, operate DMCs. Even people like myself, with my job, on my
income level have a right to own a DMC. Not just airline pilots,
executives, doctors, etc. I would also hope that no more DMCs are
ruined/destroyed/abandoned out of one reason or another.

With sincerity, and good intentions,

George DeLorean