Re: Anyone have Special T's Door Launchers?

Re: Anyone have Special T's Door Launchers?

Patrick asked "Anyone have Special T's Door Launchers?" And Andrew responded "I installed the door launcher kit last year, and let me say it was one of the best investments I have made." Only one small problem - Special T doesn't list door launchers on their web site. As far as I know there is currently only one source for a remote door opener kit (not "launcher" - that's lame), the same one that has been selling them for about 15 years without a single complaint or failure. And it isn't Special T. (I'm not counting the get-on-a-waiting-list-and-pay-twice-as-much-for-a-prototype variety.) The Specialty Automotive kit is simplicity itself - an off-the-shelf keyless entry unit, top quality light-weight actuators (not heavy solenoids), relays, and simple linkage. The kit is available for those who do not want to figure out remote door opening on their own or wait forever for something "better".

Its at Specialty Automotive, not Special T. (I won't comment on the business name similarity except that I've used it for 18 years, which I believe is long before he even had a DeLorean.)

Specialty Automotive
McCleary, WA
www.delorean-parts.com