Re: [DML] Re: Will there ever be more upgrade paths from DMCH?

On Mon, 20 Oct 2003, James Espey wrote:

> First off, I participate in the DML as time permits, BUT you (and anyone
> else, for that matter) are ALWAYS free to call me at the office
> (800-872-3621) and ask a question. If I don't have the answer, I'll put
> you on to someone here who does.

Sure. I know it, and appreciate it. I just know there are probably
enough other people on the list who have been wondering the same thing
that I figured we should just get it out in the open. :)

> We are working very closely with Edelbrock in California on two
> additional performance upgrades. One is the nitrous setup that was in
> very early development at our open house. I'm told that it should be
> ready for the public by the end of the year (happy holidays, anyone?)...

Sign me up! I'm right here in town, but then again, I guess you guys have
plenty of guinea pig vehicles as it is. :-)

> Edelbrock is also developing the EFI for us.

Excellent. I am glad to get some definitive information about this
system.

Any plans to beef up the transmission to match the increased power of
these upgrade paths? I know I'd be a bit worried about the torque a
nitrous system would be pushing through.

It's my understanding that the only real problem with the transmission and
higher powered engines is the input shafts. I believe Darryl Tinnerstet
got some inconel shafts machined to go with his supercharged Chevy
Delorean and has been pretty pleased with the results. (Correct me if I'm
misremembering here, Darryl.)

I don't think any of us want to pressure you guys to skimp on quality or
to prioritize the performance niche of an already niche market to the
point that you reduce your quality of service to those looking for support
of their "normal" Deloreans, but I definitely appreciate the update and
additional information. There have been a lot of rumors and a lot of
misinformation going around which you've helped put to rest. Please keep
the list updated with your progress. I'm sure I'm not the only one
interested.

-andrew
Houston TX