Re: [DML] Toll Window Operation

In a message dated 10/19/03 10:32:43 PM Central Daylight Time,
stevetrimble52@xxxx writes:

> I am sure this has been covered many times but I
> didn't find any real answers in the archives sooo...my
> passenger side toll window will not operate. It is up
> and plans to stay there. I have voltage at the motor
> and can hear a faint click as the switch is operated.
> How difficult is replacing the motor. Has anyone found
> a source to perform the repair? I am too far from the
> real pros to make that a option.
>
> Steve T

Steve,

the window motor isn't too tricky a job - it's just time consuming and in my
opinion, opening the doors is the most annoying thing to have to do on this
car. if you go in, you might as well plan on replacing EVERYTHING in there that
you can - upgrade your door locks and don't forget to replace that insulation
around the lower door trim - it will probably tear apart and look terrible
when you put it back together. oh yeah, you will probably destroy half of the
fir tree clips too, and you will probably want to replace the window felt which
is probably disintegrated by now. i would highly recommend buying a fir-tree
clip/door panel puller from autozone (about $4) or else you will wreck your
panels. just yesterday i opened my doors again, hopefully for the last time, or
at least for many years.

Andy