Component longevity - rear wheel bearings

Component longevity - rear wheel bearings

I know that some folks and parts vendors keep track of the expected
lifespan of the various parts on our cars, and since my daily driver
has more miles on it than most I thought I'd update the group on
wear-related component failures.

My rear wheel bearings are finally kaput. I got 160,000 miles out of
the originals. I live in a wet climate, but my hubs have never been
dunked/submerged. Because my front bearings were replaced before
they wore out (I rebuilt the front suspension years ago and again
more recently, and replaced the bearings both times while I had it
all apart anyway), I don't know what the longevity of the front
bearings are. 160K out of the rear bearings seems pretty good to me.

Knut